Resident Care Coordinator - Full-Time - - #2006274
Homestead of Leawood
The Resident Care Coordinator is required to effectively manage, direct and administer resident services of the community in accordance with company policies and procedures, standards of practice for operators, and governmental regulations so as to maintain quality care for all residents. Reports to the Executive Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with the Community’s personnel, safety, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Report witnessed or reported allegations of resident abuse/neglect immediately to the Executive Director.
- Treat residents, family members, visitors, and team members with dignity and respect.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident and family information.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Review and supervise compliance with policies pertaining to total patient care, including but not limited to meal service, activities, housekeeping and laundry, personnel and public relations under specific directives from the Executive Director.
- Monitor and assist with compliance with policies and procedures, and state and federal regulations and laws concerning nursing care.
- Monitor personal and staff compliance with all state and federal regulations including blood borne pathogens, infection control, hazardous materials, resident rights and other applicable areas.
- Assist residents with admission and assure compliance with all State and Federal requirements regarding admission, to include but not limit to initial Advance Directives, Resident Rights information, and assessments as required
- Assist and execute the Negotiated Service Agreements
- Assist with system of periodic review and maintain communication with families regarding fulfillment of agreement.
- Participate in selection of personnel to staff community, orientation and monitoring of staff competence.
- Maintain communication with physicians and pharmacy as required
Key Job/ Physical Requirements:The following is a general list of key job/physical requirements for your position. The list is not to be considered inclusive and other job/physical requirements may be necessary as deemed by the Community.
- Must have a valid professional license (LPN) and in good standing with the state.
- Must have a valid CPR certification
- Must have basic computer skills.
- If required to operate a motor vehicle for business purposes, must successfully complete the requirements contained in Company’s Motor Vehicles policy.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the job with, or without reasonable accommodation.
- Employee is required to use a transfer/gait belt or to obtain the assistance of another employee when attempting to assist residents when lifting or carrying objects in excess of 25 pounds. The employee must be aware that during the normal, routine performance of the essential functions, some of the following body movements may occur naturally, although hey may not be a requirement of the job.